Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 May 2011

13. Capt Kabir's GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa



Name: Capt Kabir AKA Lonewolf
Age:25
Profession: Pilots a Boeing 737
City: Delhi/Chandigarh
Motorcycle Club:G.O.D.S

"If you dont find him in Delhi then the chances are that he is zooming on NH1 to Chandigarh"

What the Manual says about his bike...



Engine and transmission
Displacement: 1340.00 ccm (81.77 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
Compression: 12.5:1
Bore x stroke: 81.0 x 65.0 mm (3.2 x 2.6 inches)
Fuel system: Injection. Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox
Fuel control: DOHC
Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication system: Wet Sump
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 6-speed
Exhaust system: 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, oxygen sensors and an oval cross section canister with dual openings that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulation
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Frame type: Twin-spar cast aluminum alloy
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear suspension: Linky type, coil spring, oil damped
Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-ZR17
Rear tyre dimensions: 190/50-ZR17
Front brakes: Double disc
Rear brakes: Single disc
Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight: 260.0 kg (573.2 pounds)
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 260.0 kg (573.2 pounds)
Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,165 mm (45.9 inches)
Overall length: 2,190 mm (86.2 inches)
Overall width: 735 mm (28.9 inches)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,480 mm (58.3 inches)
Fuel capacity: 21.00 litres (5.55 gallons)




What Lonewolf has to say about it...

1.When was the first time you ever “threw a leg over the saddle”?what was the feeling like?
A.when I was in 9th (15 yrs old) shhhhh !!! (don't tell anyone )drove my dads cb250n 8 during the night ;) .It was a feeling of being totally free from everything ....

2.When would you say you got “hooked” on to biking and why?
A.I was hooked way back in my school and college days .... it was the only thing which made me feel so free and yet so in control .... it still does

3.What was your first bike? Was it your choice or just what you could afford?

A.It was my dads cb250n , it was by far the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in the 90s


4.What bike(s) do you ride now?
Hayabusa 2010 and Honda Cb 250n 85'

5.Was it love at first sight or a product of long term research?
A.Well it was a mixture of head and heart . What I really wanted was the 07 'cbr but since the production had stopped and I couldn't find one with few miles on it I decided in the favor of the busa which was also one my favorite bikes.

6.How many bikes have you gone through till the present one?
A.This is my 3rd bike

7.What modifications have you made to your stock bike?
1> Two bro slip ons to make the bike lighter and give a better sound
2> K and N air filter to help the engine breath more easily and to inc the performance
3> Galfer Rear and Front Petal Disc Brakes for better cooling hence increasing the life of the brake pads
4> Fender Eliminator
5> Carbon Fiber mods
6> Gel Seat for making long rides comfortable

Planning to get power commander soon



8.How long have you had the bike for and how many kilometers have you clocked.
A.1 year done about 7000 km as my job keeps me busy for atleast 21 days out of 30 days in a month I couldnt put more miles than I wanted to


9.How often do you ride – daily, fortnightly, monthly or just occasionally?

A. Whenever I get a chance ;)

10.What do you like most about your bike

A.Well this bike has more than 10yrs of history behind its r&d so you hardly have any complaints about this bike . I love its engine , its display unit , its seating position, the list goes on and on and on . She is always trying to please you in each and every way .

11.What don’t you like about your bike?

A.Well I still feel its braking could be a lil better planning to get ebc hh carbon brake pads :) will keep u guys updated about the braking performance after that

12.How good are the roads in Delhi as far as superbiking is concerned?
A.They are mostly good only problem is the traffic ... I do most of my rides on Delhi Chandigarh highway ;) reach in about 3 to 3.5 hrs average

13.Tell us about an interesting experience on the road..
A. one time a guy walks up to me on signal and asks me that whether im working as a mechanic for john Abraham :P


14.Do you ride in a club? Tell us about your club..
A.Well I'm a member of Gods ( group of Delhi superbikers) Its not a club but a family the bonds are very strong and we are always their for each other whenever required

I also ride solo a lot since my home is in Chandigarh but my work is in Delhi .So whenever I get off .... I just leave for my home on the bike .

15.What has been your most memorable ride till date?
A.My first ride to Chandigarh from Delhi .... it was the first time I really felt the power of the busa. She's one bike which can impress you by staying calm and give you a smooth ride but also becoming a beast when demanded and really raising your pulse and increasing your adrenaline levels

16.What’s the maximum three digit figure you’ve seen on your Speedo?A. 268

17.Who maintains your bike – cleaning, servicing, etc?
A.Servicing is being done by done by the authorized workshops of Suzuki while I do the cleaning and polishing myself.




18.Have you faced any problems with your bike(s)? If yes how did you managed to rectify it?

A.Yup Brake got locked once due to over heating . Just let it cool down for sometime and the brake pads itself released the disc.

19.What fuel do you use and why?
A.I use mostly speed 97 but if I don't get it than I use extra premium + octane booster

20.Tell us about your riding gear (helmet, gloves and suits/jackets/pants and other protective gear)?
Agv t2 helmet
alpinestar gloves, jacket , bionic knee pads and boots

21.Are you looking at changing your bike any time soon? If yes, what bike would you consider and why?
No im very much satisfied with the busa
22.What’s does your ideal weekend look like?
A.If its up to me I would like to be on A open deserted highway not a soul present just me my bike and my ipod ....Nothing beats that



23.What tips do you have for aspiring riders looking to pick up a super sports bike?

A.Well my only advice is .... be patient and try to understand your bike ..if you want a long term relationship with your bike she needs to be understood be gentle and try to see yours and her limitations it may take a little time but once you have that level of understanding.... Nothing can stop you

Please always wear protective gear especially if you are about to become superbiker . Ride safely and not rashly .You can either enjoy one ride on your bike in your entire lifetime or enjoy entire lifetime with your bike the choice is yours to make :)

24.Finally, what do you call her and why?
A.The Falcon as that's what "hayabusa" means in Japanese

11 comments:

  1. Amazin .... its a pleasure to read this kinda stuff.... GODS rocks.... n i miss u all ....
    Vishal Thareja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captian Kabirz profession is to fly and hiz passion also makes him fly:-)

    Monty Singh

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much

    capt kabir singh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why didnt buy a sharper ,lighter bike? is it because youre not thin enough to look good on lighter bikes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A busa has a strong fan following worldwide. I dont think ones dimensions are a factor in choosing the bike. With the busa you either love it or hate it, I doubt if there is an inbetween

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i love the busa and any real superbiker would not buy a bike according to what suits him physically .... but instead he will choose a bike which he loves to ride ......

    busa is very close to my heart .... it has this thing of making you comfortable from day one .... :)

    regards capt kabir singh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hats off to u and to ur passion sir ...... u r into both the things that i ever desired ...flying and the bikes..... not an avaiator but i managed to become a navigator with the wish to own a powerful machine still unsatisfied.... hope that it happens soon ......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL TYM FAV .... BRODA ...... ;))

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you need suzuki dealership in Punjab please contact me 9958161555

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you need suzuki dealership in Punjab please contact me 9958161555

    ReplyDelete