Search This Blog

Monday 5 September 2011

41.Doc's Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade

Name: Arun Thareja AKA Dr Speed
Profession: Doctor and founder of GODS
Age:50
City: Delhi













1) What do you call your bike?
This bike in question is known as fireblade but I call it blade bcoz the first time I saw her ,she cut me thru like a blade & all my emotions spilled over mainly- lust, Got to have her!

2) How many Super Bikes have you had before this one?

This is not my first bike,had many & the list is very long but I will name a few- ninja 600 gpx; honda vf 750 interceptor; honda cbr xx blackbird; ninja zx 9r; yamaha thundercat; ducati 916 & the ninja zx12r.

3) Was it love at first sight or a product of long term research?
Thankfully im aware of bikes & before picking this one I knew all about it so as such no research was required,it was pure love like it had happened before also & I have never been monogamous when it came to bikes

4) how was the waiting period?
Like I said one look & I was floored & the only feeling was- gotta have it & it was a tough waiting period,the usual sleepless nights & the bike 24 hrs in the back of my mind.it was exactly like falling in love with a person,maybe more in my case.all the time thinking of sprucing up the bike with all the accessories I could think of & I even managed to procure some before the bike actually landed in my garage.










5) how was it when you finally saw it in the flesh?

First look was lethal,the bike of my dreams right in front of my eyes seducing me with her lines.it was drool drool all the way,had a tough time wiping my saliva off her

6)How long have you had it and how many KM clocked?
Its been with me for 6 months now & I have done about 4000 kms

7) Whats the best attribute of the Blade?
The best attribute has to be the power in a small package,it weighs just 180 kilos & makes around 150bhp.with this combo it just slices thru the traffic & flies on the highway


8) Anything irritable about it?
Thers nothing irritable about the bike but if I have to really point out something then it has to be the wrist & back strain on longer rides because of its hunched over riding posture


9)What Mods do you plan to do on it?
Like to change the stock sprocketing of the bike, 1 tooth down on the front & 2 teeth up at the rear.amazing initial & mid response though i lose out on top speed but the initial acceleration really tranforms the bike into a ferocious monster. The other thing I would like to change is raising the clip ons by 1 to 1 ½ inch for a more comfortable riding posture.

10)Tell us about your riding gear?
I have lots of riding gear mainly the padded jackets, riding pants,leather pants,riding boots-both ankle length & long ones,elbow & knee guards & tons of helmets of almost every makeim very comfortable in my icon,speed&strength & alpine stars riding jackets.all have protection. Im comfortable in my Answer riding pants & my icon riding boots though in winters I prefer my leather pants & full length nitro vega riding boots. One of my fav helmets is the arai quantum 2 & in open face I love my vr-1 helmet.

11)If you would ever cheat on her, with which bike would it be?
If I wud ever cheat then I wud elope with the ducati diavel

12) what accessories are on it?
O yes I believe in cosmetic customization & I have done the following mods- installed a mra double bubble smoked windscreen;removed the rear tail section plastics for a cleaner look & relocated the turn signals.installed the yoshiura rs3 exhaust,it improves the power,the sound & looks good. Have done minimal stickering without going over the top & have put a color matched rear seat cowl to make it look more sportier.



13) whats the best way to extract more power from the bike?
The best bang for ur buck mod to extract power is the sprocketing,I have dropped 1 tooth in front & gone up 2 teeth at the rear.amazing difference & for around 8000 bucks it’s a must mod. I have installed yoshimura rs3 exhaust, k & n air filters & a power commander3 for perfecting the air fuel ratio & the ignition timing.if somebody doesn’t want to spend on power commander then he can adjust the throttle position sensor(tps) after doing a proper research for his particular model on the net.readjustment to how many volts can be found out on various forums on the net. I have also installed the frame sliders(crash protectors) & the swing arm spools.

14) How expensive is she to maintain?
Shes not particularly high maintenance except that when she wud require the tyres I wud be considerably poorer but that’s true for every superbike bcoz the cost of the tyres is very high irrespective of the make, rest shes doing fine not troubling me at all with her outrageous demands,lets see how long this lovey dovey phase lasts


15)What fuel/oil do you use?
Food wise she gets the best,oils from all the reputed companies are good but one has to choose between the normal & the synthetic & I feed her synthetic.right now I have put agip but I have also used motul which is equally good. Fuel wise I prefer 97 octane but due to its scarcity I go in for 91 octane to which I add octane booster.i have used plain 91 octane also & the bike runs well but its always better to achieve 95 octane as recommended by all the manufacturers






16)Who does all the servicing?
I do all the service on my own & I don’t trust the dealer coz I know more about bikes than him; being with bikes for more than 25years & having all the tools, thankfully I can tackle all what it takes to maintain a bike & some more.

17) Whats the max you've seen on the speedo?
I have touched 280kmph on my kawasaki ninja zx12r,though its capable of touching 330kmph coz its an unrestricted model.

3 comments:

  1. nice one ....<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew that DOC has a 1000RR too, great going Sir, hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sir i like the answr of your last question..and one word for your BLADE ...just awsm..:)

    ReplyDelete