Search This Blog

Thursday 14 July 2011

26. Nitin's Harley-Davidson 883 IRON, 2011

Name: Nitin Anand
Age:34
Profession:
Motorcycle Club: G.O.D.S



1.When did you first put your legs over a bike, which one was it and who gave you your first lesson?
A.I guess it was at the age of 13 when I started riding. It was my cousin’s Hero Honda 100 cc bike in 1989-90 and the first bike I threw my legs across and since then got fascinated to the big wheels and the word BIKE went deep inside me. Then in 1995 I got my own Yamaha RX100 and loved it like anything, Felt like I was on the top of the world. Managed to do everything what a biker of that age does. Few years later I moved on to a Suzuki Shogun 110 cc. The first big lesson was learnt in 1998 when I met with an accident and was on bed with broken leg for almost 4 months. It made me a better biker. Tought me to respect power.


2. You stopped riding for a while, what made you do that?
A.The professional part of the life took few years away and the biker in me took back seat. Travelling was major part of it which took me to places and was hardly at home for more then 2 to 4 days between projects. 2004 moved out of India and worked abroad for 3 years before finally settling down in India.

3.What made you want to get back on the bike after the gap?
A.I couldn’t stay away from the word BIKE for long I guess and the desire to have my own Superbike.

4.In all the choices available in India what made you go in for the Harley?
A.The Choices available in India as per my Budget were only grey market Bikes. I wanted a legal bike so that no hassle of customs. And on top of that when I took test ride on HD Iron I fell in Love with the bike. Secondly it suited me and my pocket.

5. What’s the best aspect of the 883?
A.It’s nimble and adds to your attitude.



6. How does your neighbor deal with the famous Vtwin growl?
A. VTwin growl has become famous now in my locality and especially sunday mornings have become sleepless for few car owners. Their car security systems activates with the loud sound of screaming eagles. I kind some kinda kick out of it. Its like my bike scaring away those fancy cars.

7. What’s the kind of questions the public throws at you when they spot you on the bike?
A. Common question is “Kitnai ki Hai? & Kitni average deti hai”.

8. How do you answer those questions?
A.I just simply tell them the actual price and 20 – 25 as average figure.


9. What about the 883 do you think Harley should improve and how?
A.It’s my second month with my Iron and I just love everything about it. I need to still explore it to suggest any improvements.

10. How has the bike changed you as a person?
A. Guess I am still the same. The only change I see in my self is I have started waiting for Sunday mornings more eagerly.


11. Who maintains your bike? How has the experience at the dealership been?A. I take it to Harley workshop. So far the experience with the dealer is really great. They keep calling for the meets in Delhi and for the Harley rock shows.

12. How is Delhi roads/climate suited for the 883?
A.The best roads to enjoy the ride are NH8 and Noida express way. The best part of Iron is you can ride on Delhi roads and traffic with no hassles.

13. What’s the best road the bikes been on?
A NH8 and Noida Express way.

14. If you plan on getting another bike which one would it be?
A.As of now no plans/Budget for another Bike but would love to have a Honda CBR Fireblade too one day.


15. How expensive is it to maintain an H-D?
A. To fulfill your passion it takes a cost and so do the maintenance of it. So far it’s just routine service I have paid for which come to around 8K. But yes what are expensive are aftermarket accessories and installation of it due to import duties of these items.

16. Do you get challenged by smaller capacity bikers on the street, if yes how do you deal with it?
A. Yes that’s one painful thing when you ride with traffic as all other excited bikers and cars wants to come close and check out the bike and ask you questions. I just slow down and let them pass by.

17. Do you think everyone can own a bike one day? How do you think they can do it?
A It’s not that difficult to own a superbike in India now with all the choices of bikes with different price range available to suite every passionate biker’s budget. What you need is passion for the superbike and 3d’s Dream Determination and Desire.



18. What mods have you done? Has it helped?
A. I have added Screamin’ Eagle Street Performance Slip-on’s along with Stage 1 Air Cleaner Kit, Performance Spark Plug and Spark Plug Cable. I noticed a difference in the bike immediately after I started it. The Bike sounded great and the ride feels more sensational. other changes are handle grips, Foot pegs and shifter Peg.



19. What you advice to aspiring bikers?
A. Keep in control don’t let these machines take control on you. If riding is your passion then ride safe to ride again.

2 comments:

  1. this bike awesome ..
    awesome you sir.!!
    ride SAFE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was 2nd tym whn m here n reading a superbiker's reviews/thoughts abt his machine . . . 1st tym i was reading abt Nitesh Jain . n Now m here !!! I opened this page bcoz even i wanna buy 883 IRON one day . N as i Keep on reading , Mr.Nitin wish of owning a CBR FIREBLADE matches mine !!! Felt gud to read abt HD 883 IRON ... wil ride together sumday :)
    Till thn RIDE SAFE + RIDE HARD :)

    ReplyDelete