Search This Blog

Monday 6 June 2011

17. Manish's Ducati GT1000 2010

Name : Manish Rajput
Age: 40
profession : self employed
Motorcycle club :G.O.D.S





1.what do you call your bike and why ?

a. well GT Sports Classic is good enough name and you could get in
trouble for giving it an exotic name ( don't want to moan that name at
night do we ).

2. Is she your first bike ? if not what did you own before this ?


a. I had hero honda cd 100 as my first, and then when I konked it off
I then brought a suzuki samurai, but at that time the biker was
always in heart and career was in the mind and also finances were a
issue then, but the fire kept on burning and after a gap of about 17
years without touching a bike went to the showroom and picked myself
this timeless beauty, and soon after the itch got so bad that within a
month I brought another indian classic the royal enfield 350 for the
diffrent kind of trip ( the gruelling ones)

3. Was it love at first sight or a product of long term research?

a. well kind of both, two things I had in mind .one I wasn't a spring
chicken anymore and also I had to have something less radical for my
age and also it should be able to carry two comfortably, I checked out
the busas and the intruders as I was not interested in any grey market
bikes coz you know why, but a chance visit to the ducati showroom and
one look and nothing else made any sense.got hitched. it had
everything i needed and more lovely specs, timeless looks and the most
important the exclusivity as there are no more coming and I have one
of the only two in india....




4.Explain what went through your mind during the months before you
managed to lay your hands on it?


a. months? this was over in days and I got it before someone else
changed my mind and I am happy I did this, but yes the feeling was
like getting a sony walkman for the 14th birthday ( in 1984 ) but had
to wait till the morning to get your hand on it.

5. First experience and impression when you saw her all gleaming and polished.

a.Similar to being married but still waiting for the all the stupid rasams to get
over... the wait for the insurance cover note was like two long
hours, and then finally when I got it my worst nightmare came
true..did I mention I did not even take a test ride, well when the
bike was handed over to me outside the showroom... I simply could not
ride it and I mean that.. after 17 long year if you straddle a bike
and that too a ducati... I cannot explain the feeling ... just spent
close to 14 lakhs and now I cannot ride it.... help soon came in the
form of Mr. Jaydee and he gave me a crash course of riding a
superbike in 10 minutes the key words, ride only in the first and max
second gear only, untill you get the hang of it, and belive me when I
say this no one can ever forget swimming if he has swam before no
matter how much the time diffrence in between, and within twenty
minutes i was back..

6. How long have you had the bike for and how many kilometers have you clocked.

a. close to a year and about 7500 kms.

7. What the best attribute of the bike.?

a. "She's Got the Looks" I keep humming this number from roxette, if
you know what I mean, and it holds its own among the seas of busas,
R1's and other superbikes.

8. What’s irritates you most about the bike?

a. refueling, I mean frequent refuelling, tank is only approx 13
litres and does about 230 kms only in one tank.

9. What part of the bike would you change and why?
a. absolutely nothing at all, you do not tamper with the Monalisa.

10. What does your riding gear comprise of and which brand suits you the most?
a. I wouldn’t compromise on safety, hence I have two exactly same
Nolan Casey stoner series Helmets, riding gloves and the beauty of
this bike is that you can ride it withing the real hardcore driving
gears, helmet, gloves and a regular leather jacket ( calvin kline &
tommy ) is just fine.

11. If you’d cheat on your bike, with which would it be?

a. Well it would be Harley' night rod, anyway i am already cheating
her with my bullet 350 but she dosen't seem to mind, coz she knows
she'll be always number 1.

12. Is she girlfriend material or long term wife material?
a. till death do us part.

13. Do you believe in cosmetic customization, If yes then what have
you done on it?


a. absolutely not, I want to grow old together looking exactly the way she is.


15. Is she high on maintenance? Have you run into any
electrical/mechanical issues?


a. Not really, a general service according to the manual, when you
have a ducati high -low maintance is not an issue.

16. What do you feed her? (what oil what petrol?)
a. whatever best available, she isn't fussy and consumes 97 octane to
normal unleaded with equal appetite.

17. Tell me about the day she made you feel like a superstar!
a. one of these days I was coming back to gurgaon from our GODS sunday
rides and there were two guys and two girls in a silver SLK
convertible and their jaws dropped, and of course when the light
turned green, you know what happens....... man its a high.



18. What does your wife/girl friend think about her?
a. Don't know for sure but they both behave properly towards her.

20. What’s the maximum three digit figure you’ve seen on the Speedo?
a. Well thats depends on the Rider and in my case I did about
220kmph, but I am sure if it is Captain Vineets hand on the handle then it should be around 270kmph maybe,
but top speed is not relevant if i wanted speed i would have gone for
busa or Gxr. I am more kind of tour guy then a speed guy, but believe
me ducati's give the best balls massage you can ever get, ask any
ducati owner.

2 comments: