Search This Blog

Thursday 30 June 2011

23.Monty's Honda CBR1000RR- Repsol Edition,2011

Name: Monty
Age:38
Profession: Investment Banker
Motorcycle Club: G.O.D.S



1.When did you begin riding? Which was your first bike? Who gave you your first lessons?
I began riding even before I was eligible to get a Driving licenseTwo wheelers always caught my fancy.Guess I broke a few laws even before I turned 18. My First bike was Yamaha RX100.They dont build bikes like them anymore, ofcourse there are stringent laws on two strokes. The RX was light and so peppy. I think its a brilliant bike to learn on.Now think of it I never took a formal training or a lessons to ride bikes. All I had was a truck load of self confidence along with the falls that came my way thanks to the over confidence. These two parameter helped me master the art of biking.

2.What was your ride in college? How did that bike impact your life?
I drove RD 350 in high school and college. Needless to add RD 350 was quite a machine to own those days.It was every young boys wet dream. There are countless stories of how that bike impacted my life, starting from all the friends I've made to well, more interesting tales..

3.When did the superbike bug bite you? How many have you owned?
During my 1994 visit to US I got a chance to rode the massive Ninja 1100...It was after that the desire to own a super bike came on “TO DO BEFORE I DIE” list. I have owned 3 bikes so far…



4.What made you buy the 1000RR? How did you go about buying the bike?
I bought 1000rr mainly because I found out that “Repsol” edition was coming to India in 2011.I firmly believe that the blade looks best in these colours.The racing colours have so much heritage that I just had to get my hands on it.
I paid advance in 2010 May on Mothers Day and took the delivery on 1st March 2011. Good things happen to people who wait!

5.How long have you had it and how many KM have you clocked?
Six months and 2500 KMS

6.What’s the best part of the bike?
OH undoubtedly The colour combination “Repsol” and ofcourse the butter smooth motor that Honda makes



7.What can Honda do to improve the bike
I am quite content with the performance and feel Honda has done very well in improving the bike and making it more advanced over the years…


8.Narrate an interesting experience on the road

I have had few instances when people have signaled with their thumb for a ride (Hitch Hiking)…If only they knew what they could be in for !!!!!!Maybe one day if I'm in the mood I just might give someone a hitch. "EVIL Laugh!"


9.How about a no so exciting experience.
Its definitely the day when few guys in a sports car persisted on Racing……The bike won ofcourse…But I realized at the end it wasn’t worth it…Envy will always be around the corner…The idea is to never get distracted while driving, whatever be the reason.. I leant it the hardway and now Im truly not proud to say that I won that race. The street is not where you race. Period.

10.How do you answer these questions from the public” how much does it cost? What mileage do you get??
On pricing and mileage I ask them a counter question and usually go with their guess which is mostly wrong…For example Bike is worth 2 Lacs and Milage is 25 KMPL..Why argue with them..?

11.Who maintains the bike? How expensive is it to maintain it?
I do the basic cleaning with some help from my driver. I don’t feel it is expensive to maintain the bike mainly because the cost in factored in my budget.



12.Have you done any Mods on it?
No not yet…However I have ordered an exhaust “FMF”from U.S.I was fairly happy with leaving the bike as stock as it could be.. But when you ride with a group and most of them have interesting pipes, It makes you wanna get them too. Riding a bike which has a free flow exhaust certain makes the ride more involving and in India the pipes do ensure that the public makes way for you.

13.Tell us about your riding gear?
I ride with “ARAI” Helmet and Komine Apparel.



14.Where do you park you bike? How do you deal with public sitting/posing with you bike?
I am fortunate to have a covered parking and Bike is draped with two covers when parked.Else I'm not quite sure how i'll react. Its just way too expensive to be tampered with and our country can be rather mean to such indulgences.

15.What’s your advice to riders who aspire to buy a bike one day.
No adventure is worth dying for. Life is more precious. The paradox is that some of us need to put it at risk to really understand that…..Ride Safe….Drive without distraction….Enjoy the ride and be a life long mile muncher…

7 comments:

  1. How is the Repsol different from the regular 1000RR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. apart from the paint job there is no difference to the regular blade.but the paint job makes you feel like you're closer to the moto gp machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its my dream bike and 1 day i will own it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Bike Spa Services in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  5. The theory exam for motorcycles at Testen.no is a challenging but necessary step in getting your motorcycle license. Here are some tips to help you study and pass the exam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just immersed myself in the blog covering the Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Edition from 2011, and I'm still catching my breath! The Repsol Edition has always been a visual feast, and the 2011 model, as described in the blog, seems to have taken it to another level.

    Honda CBR1000RR is one of the best Bike in India.

    ReplyDelete