Search This Blog

Friday 22 April 2011

5. Navals GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2010



Name:Naval
Age:26
Profession:Self Employed
Motorcycle Club: G.O.D.S

"Naval, A complete gentleman is perhaps the perfect remedy for the Busa's madness"




What the manual says about the bike

Engine and transmission
Displacement: 1340.00 ccm (81.77 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
Compression: 12.5:1
Bore x stroke: 81.0 x 65.0 mm (3.2 x 2.6 inches)
Fuel system: Injection. Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox
Fuel control: DOHC
Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication system: Wet Sump
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 6-speed
Exhaust system: 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, oxygen sensors and an oval cross section canister with dual openings that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulation
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Frame type: Twin-spar cast aluminum alloy
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear suspension: Linky type, coil spring, oil damped
Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-ZR17
Rear tyre dimensions: 190/50-ZR17
Front brakes: Double disc
Rear brakes: Single disc
Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight: 260.0 kg (573.2 pounds)
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 260.0 kg (573.2 pounds)
Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,165 mm (45.9 inches)
Overall length: 2,190 mm (86.2 inches)
Overall width: 735 mm (28.9 inches)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,480 mm (58.3 inches)
Fuel capacity: 21.00 litres (5.55 gallons)
Other specifications
Color options: Black/Gray, Gray/Silver, White/Silver
Comments: Optional ABS brakes.

What Naval says about his bike..


1. What do you call your bike and why?
a. At times I call her Crotch Rocket, with the kind of power between your legs, feels phenomenal and at times plain ‘Busa’.

2. Is she your first bike? If not what did you own before this?
a. Yes, shes my first ‘Superbike’, before this I had my share of Indian bikes, starting with a hero puch when I was very young, then pulsar 180 dtsi, karizma, RD 350, had an amazing time with the power this machine had at our disposal,a stepping stone to busa, and then a Karizma ZMR (currently owned along with busa).

3. Was it love at first sight or a product of long term research?
a. I would not deny that R1 was my first love till they launched the 09 model, which just made things more clear to me and Hayabusa which was my second fav become my most fav bike. I took my sweet time to compare all options available, but I knew if its not R1 its Busa, Her best attributes that I could find out were her comfort, her top speed, power, looks and off course her popularity and weight was the only concern but I settled with this one. I did realize that all machines had their own charm and none of the bikes I was comparing were a BAD bike, it all depends on what you want out of it.

4. Explain what went through your mind during the months before you managed to lay your hands on it?
a. It was years of dreaming, months would be too lil to mention here :P the craze to own one started seriously developing back in 1995, dad had gone to Japan and brought back Suzuki’s brochures n there I was in love with the TL1000S  then on I would search for pics, watch movies, clips, then started looking for bikers in Bombay who actually owned a superbike but I could really find many. With my exponentially growing craze for bikes, my parents thought me n my bro were crazy, then a friend finally brought a CBR 919, I started dreaming more, then he upgraded onto a blackbird and finally an 06 Busa. I was totally in lust/love with her. My (mine n my bro’s) dream finally started taking shape when I finally moved to Delhi to re-unite with the whole family, earlier we all were staying in different cities. After months of day dreaming and persuading our parents, one fine day we got our dad’s Nod with mom’s help off course. We started looking for a gray mkt bike, but the DRI n stuff made it all the more difficult for us to go ahead with our plan. With lil knowledge about Gray mkt scene, we were way too paranoid to put our savings in it. Finally went to the bitto’s showroom and saw the golden beauty and white was there too! Golden was our choice but finances got in our way, took a few days to decide n then finally managed to book it, it was to be delivered in about 5 days, we asked for delivery on 13th Jan 10, Lohri! Sleepless nights had begun, and there was a worry in our head, how to control the beast, a heavy, way too powerful than any other machine we’ve ever ridden. We even decided once to get it delivered at home, worrying too much about riding it thru the traffic. :P the day we got her home, sleepless nights worsened, I couldn’t sleep waiting to take her out for a spin in the morning and so began the superbiker’s life. 



5. First impression when you saw her all gleaming and polished.
a. Well I’ll start off with how I felt when I was on my way to check her out in the Cage, a day before I was to take her delivery, I was about to reach bittoo Suzuki, and was driving on the opposite side (petrol pump side) I slowed down, and tried to catch a glimpse of what I thought should be the crate in which she rests waiting for me, I just can never forget those few seconds, cause I was experiencing goose bumps and silent tears rolling down my face, from sheer joy of looking at just the crate (No exaggeration here). We reached n I just went over to the mechanic there, who by now knew who I was and what I was there for, he gave me an affirmation looking at the crate indicating, “yes, that’s your busa right there”, I hurried to the crate, I was numb, I just opened the lid and saw her, felt a tingle down my spine. Following half an hour went by in taking her out of the crate and there she was, shining right into my eyes. I was glowing like a flood lamp! 

6. How long have you had the bike for and how many kilometers have you clocked.
a. We’ve been engaged for more den an year now, and have done over 9000kms .

7. What the best attribute of the bike
a. I love almost everything about her, her looks, comfort, power/torque available at slight twist of the throttle, etc, and after riding it for a considerable mileage I feel her best attribute is her ability to give you the confidence at really high speeds which I found lacking in much lighter litre class bikes, assuming you’re a sensible rider, it’s her best attribute, but could be a different story altogether if you’re not sensible enough.



8. What’s irritates you most about the bike?
a. Nothing really, I just wish she could be a lil lighter and still be that rock steady at high speeds!

9. What part of the bike would you change and why?
a. I’d just like add a bit of custom parts like, handle bar ends, the front fender (mudguard), rear sets, and most importantly an exhaust, I don’t believe in core performance upgrades just to boost bhp, since I can’t even completely utilize the power produced by the stock itself.

10. What does your riding gear comprise of and which brand suits you the most?
a. I wouldn’t compromise on safety, hence bot an AGV Helmet, then Jacket, gloves
and Boots are all Alpinestars!

11. If you’d cheat on your bike, with which would it be?
a. S1000RR but that would rather be two timing, I don’t plan to part with her.

12. Is she girlfriend material or long term wife material?
a. Absolutely long term wife material.

13. Do you believe in cosmetic customization, If yes then what have you done on it?
a. Yes I do believe in cosmetic customization to some extent, its more about making your bike more personal and

14. What according to you is the best mod to extract a little more bhp? What accessories did you spend your money on?
a. A good aftermarket freeflow exhaust paired with a race air filter like K&N, BMC,etc would let u squeeze out a few extra horses, and if you want the popping to go away then plug in a Power Commander, but then again, I personally would not bother spending so much for a few extra horses unless I’d put them to good use, like on a track. As of now iv settled with a Two brothers Racing exhaust and planning to spend some on cosmetic upgrades like handle bar ends, double bubble, some carbon fiber trims and front mudguard.

15. Is she high on maintenance? Have you run into any electrical/mechanical issues?
a. Not really, a general service, every 4K Kms costs around 6K which includes Oil change, oil filter, checklist inspection and a labor charge of about 1500 bucks.

16. What do you feed her? (what oil what petrol?)
a. I’v been feeding her the Suzuki Motor oil that the Suzuki Japan supplies and I stick to 97 Octane for fuel.

17. Tell me about the day she made you feel like a superstar!
a. The moment I put my leg around her and turn the ignition I feel like a superstar!

18. What does your wife/girl friend think about her?
a. Not Applicable since I dun have either of them :P, but the most important female in my life, my mom feels that I should rather spend that much time on a girl then her! :P


19. Do you service it on your own? Or trust the mechanic at the service center?
a. I trust my regular mechanic completely, he does the job with that extra care, and also doesn’t mind my nagging if I try and correct his way of doing something. However I enjoy servicing the air filter, chain, sprockets and also wash/wax her almost every month.

20. What’s the maximum three digit figure you’ve seen on the Speedo?
a. A sensitive question, but I’ll confess having done 265+kmph once, though I did it for a few seconds but I still feel that such speeds shall be left to the track or to be tried in a controlled environment, since this is the land of kama, people/cattle/admin know hundreds of way to F*** u (copied from a joke, but found it relevant :P).

6 comments:

  1. broda wsome bike luv ur busa so much..........
    want to ride wid u nn future

    ReplyDelete
  2. papaji nice ;)

    regards lone wolf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naval, I can relate so much with you.. Just got a busa for myself a month back and it has been a wonderful experience.. people say its difficult ot handle a 1300cc as first SBK but I feel that busa is one of its only kind.. the gentleman outside and a beast inside!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dushyant khatri17 May 2011 at 20:05

    Hi Vijay

    I am from Bangalore and do regular rides with a group of friends. I have completed 1200Kms on my busa. You can contact me at dushyantkhatri@gmail.com

    Thanks for asking me :) Dushyant

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi der , even m a sikh , got de same black/gold busa from bombay

    ReplyDelete