Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 April 2011

8.Cowboy's GSXR 1300 Hayabusa 2011



Name: Gaurav AKA Cowboy
Age:31
Profession:restaurateur
Motorcycle club: G.O.D.S

" Perhaps one of the most safest riders I've ever come across. Cowboy always had a penchant for the Busa. He changed his old Busa only to buy another one. Trust me he is not the first person to do that with a Busa"





What the manual says about the bike

Engine and transmission
Displacement: 1340.00 ccm (81.77 cubic inches)
Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
Compression: 12.5:1
Bore x stroke: 81.0 x 65.0 mm (3.2 x 2.6 inches)
Fuel system: Injection. Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox
Fuel control: DOHC
Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication system: Wet Sump
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 6-speed
Exhaust system: 4-into-2-into-1 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, oxygen sensors and an oval cross section canister with dual openings that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulation
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
Frame type: Twin-spar cast aluminum alloy
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear suspension: Linky type, coil spring, oil damped
Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-ZR17
Rear tyre dimensions: 190/50-ZR17
Front brakes: Double disc
Rear brakes: Single disc
Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight: 260.0 kg (573.2 pounds)
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 260.0 kg (573.2 pounds)
Seat height: 805 mm (31.7 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,165 mm (45.9 inches)
Overall length: 2,190 mm (86.2 inches)
Overall width: 735 mm (28.9 inches)
Ground clearance: 120 mm (4.7 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,480 mm (58.3 inches)
Fuel capacity: 21.00 litres (5.55 gallons)
Other specifications
Color options: Black/Gray, Gray/Silver, White/Silver
Comments: Optional ABS brakes.

What Cowboy has to say on his bike..

1.When was the first time you ever “threw a leg over the saddle”?
A.The first time was on the yamaha RX 100 – drove for about 2kms. There is something so enduring about the two stroke RX-100. It truly was an honour to learn biking on such an amazing machine – As far as my first superbike ride was concerned. – was in 99 in US on a Ninja. I have to admit, both the machines were truly cult rides.



2.Describe your experience.
A.The RX100 was my brothers bike. Now when you learn how to ride you tend to make some fundamental mistakes.. those led to some very tense moments. People call it wind in the hair experience, id say it was closer to balls in my mouth experience

3.When would you say you got “hooked” on to biking and why?
A.That would be on my 1st trip to US – all those machines – n I got a chance to see their biking group meet – I was in HEAVEN :D – from that moment I knew I wanted to own one and also ride together in a group. The USA is very advanced in their riding culture.

4.What was your first bike?
A.As far as Indian machine is concerned – my first bike was a humble Splendour. For SBK – a honda CB 400

5.Was it your choice or just what you could afford?
A.Neither – that was sent from Dubai by my mamu – n he said this is the best beginner bike – n he was so right. that bike should be in India. I'm sure it would do so well. Inline four experience. what more can you ask for.

6.What bike(s) do you ride now?
A.My latest machine is the 2011 Hayabusa.

7.Was it love at first sight or a product of long term research?
A.I would call it Love at first RIDE – 1 ride a fellow GODS members busa and I was floored – then the real research thing started happening.I'm not an extremely aggressive rider and the busa just seemed to be suited for that.Its got perhaps the most comfortable riding position for a superbike. Infact unless you're on one literally you'll never realise how comfortable the bike can be.

8.How many bikes have you gone through till the present one?
A.Ive had 4 bikes till date started with 1998 CBR 400RR, 2007 1000RR, 2009 Hayabusa, 2011 Hayabusa.

9.What modifications have you made to your stock bike?
A.As far as Performance modification – just got 2 bros – Aluminum end cans – they helped in three departments – looks, weight and sound. Also got forged Aluminum levers and few decals for the bike.


10.Have these modifications helped/improved ride and handling of your bike?
A.The exhausts have helped my getting the weight down plus there has been a slight increase in power as well.

11.How long have you had the bike for and how many kilometers have you clocked.
A. I got this bike on 23rd Mar this year, have clocked aprox 800 kms on the bike.

12.How often do you ride – daily, fortnightly, monthly or just occasionally?
A.Weekend is the only time when I get to lay my hands on the bike – wish I could ride more often. Our roads and traffic just refuse it to be an everyday bike, something a Busa can really be.

13.What do you like most about your bike.
A.Just about everything – the ride, the looks, the saddle for rider n pillion, the sound (now - after TBR exhaust) – the drive modes.

14.What don’t you like about your bike?
A.The weight. I'm not the biggest rider around and the busa can be a bit of a pain when it comes to handling her at slow speeds. Also you do think twice before throwing it into corners. :)



15.What has been your most memorable ride till date?
A.That would be my ride to Jaipur – my first long ride on a Sbk – loved every part of it – the road – the look on people’s faces when they saw 15 bikes zipping past em – looking forward to more such rides.

16.What’s the maximum three digit figure you’ve seen on your speedo?
A. I'm not much a fan of hitting incredible speeds but I touched 220kmph on my new bike.

17.Who maintains your bike – cleaning, servicing, etc?
A.For every bike that I’v had – I like to know whats exactly is inside – so I do try my hands on servicing the bike – I have a complete setup for the same. But for this one I have to get it serviced through a proper mechanic as its still under warranty
18.Have you faced any problems with your bike(s)?
A.None – be it this machine or any other machine that iv had in the past. (thank god for that )the Japs sure do build some very reliable machines

19.What fuel/oil do you use and why?
A.As far as fuel is concerned – I go in for recommended fuel – 97 octane or 93 octane with booster. For oil I’ll be going in for Motul - fully synthetic.

20.Tell us about your riding gear (helmet, gloves and suits/jackets/pants and other protective gear)?
A.For jackets – ive got 1 for every season – RS Taichi – Mesh for summers, Alpinestar textile – for rain and winters, Alpinestar GP – Leather for winters, and a full leather suit. For gloves – Alpinestars GP Plus and FLY thermal gloves,Boots – Alpinestar – Supertech. For helmet – I’ve got 3 (for now) – ICON, HJC n GMAC.

21.Is your riding gear effective?
A.Yes it is as all my jackets, pants, gloves have a built in protection. The helmets that I have are DOT certified.

22.Are you looking at changing your bike any time soon?
A.No plans to change this one but I've got some serious plans to add a few more to my family.

23.If yes, what bike would you consider and why?
A. my choices – in the same order – Speed Triple, CB 1000R, FZ1, Z750, Iron 883.If wishes were horses...




24. What tips do you have for aspiring riders looking to pick up a super sports bike?
A. Always start small – don’t go in for a Hayabusa as your first bike cuz you can afford to buy it. Most of our GODS members have moved up – that way you are matured in handling tricky situations.
B. Just cause you’ve got your hands on an SBK doesn’t make you immune or a super hero – sure you are in the lime light – people will push you to race with them in the busiest of intersections not to forget the risk which becomes ten folds – remember you want to enjoy biking for long – so have a cool head. RELAX – YOU’ll LIVE LONGER 

5 comments:

  1. The Pearl White Busa is orgasm on wheels.
    No wonder cowboy is floored and always tuned to the busa's
    Hi from one proud busa owner to another
    mine is called Despoine.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks fr sharing your gr8 experience wid d beauties mr gaurav.. it ws really nice to knw about d birds.. it has given a boost to my wishes to get one sbk n join u guyss.. it has bcm a dream nw... gr8 work u doin guys..
    cheers..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Anuj - i say go for it ....live ur dream - i no how does it feel cuz im living mine :)))

    Gaurav

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh man, proud to see u. Me too fallen love with hayabusa. I'm a busa user in abudhabi. Proud to share you my image take on the way to dubai - http://i.imgur.com/cf1BGwC.jpg
    Btw, very interesting story you have :P

    ReplyDelete