Search This Blog

Friday 29 April 2011

9.Vick's Yamaha R1, 2010


Name: Vicky Jaisingh AKA Vick
Age:37
Profession:Family owned Business & Partner of the PERFORMANCE RACING STORE
Motorcycle club: PRS Boys (Mumbai)

" If you've got anything to do with superbikes.. You'll definitely know who Vick is"



What the manual says on the bike..

Displacement : 998.00 ccm (60.90 cubic inches)
Engine type : In-line four, four-stroke
Compression : 12.7:1
Power :179 Bhp @ 12500 rpm.
Maximum Torque : 115.5 Nm @ 10000 rpm
Bore x stroke : 78.0 x 52.2 mm (3.1 x 2.1 inches)
Valves per cylinder : 4
Fuel system : Injection. Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
Fuel control : DOHC
Ignition: TCI : Transistor Controlled Ignition
Cooling system : Liquid
Gearbox : 6-speed
Fuel consumption : 7.12 litres/100 km (14.0 km/l or 33.04 mpg)
Front suspension : 43mm inverted fork
Front suspension travel : 119 mm (4.7 inches)
Rear suspension : Single shock w/piggyback reservoir
Rear suspension travel : 102 mm (4.0 inches)
Front tyre dimensions : 120/70-ZR17
Rear tyre dimensions : 190/55-ZR17
Front brakes : Double disc
Front brakes diameter : 310 mm (12.2 inches)
Rear brakes : Single disc
Rear brakes diameter : 220 mm (8.7 inches)
Weight incl. oil, gas, etc: 205.9 kg
Seat height : 833 mm (32.8 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height : 1,130 mm (44.5 inches)
Overall length : 2,060 mm (81.1 inches)
Overall width : 714 mm (28.1 inches)
Wheelbase : 1,415 mm (55.7 inches)
Fuel capacity : 18.16 litres (4.80 gallons)
Color options : Raven, Team Yamaha Blue/White, Pearl White


What Vick has to say about the bike..


1.When was the first time you ever “threw a leg over the saddle”?
A.This has to be Somewhere in 1980 cant recollect the exact year but can so recall the first time when I started riding a Kinetic Honda. Those days the KH was every school boys desire. Perfect platform to begin the entry into the two wheeled world.

2.Describe the experience.
A.Up until then one could only imagine the feeling when you saw someone zip by. It definitely stirred something within me and I just had to get myself on two wheels. I’ve heard people talk about the feeling of Freedom and WIND in your Face. It was only when I was on it did I know how true that statement was!


3.When would you say you got “hooked” on to biking and why?
A.The minute I dismounted the Kinetic Honda, I knew that this is what I was born for. – Your either born a biker or not , its that simple. I’m lucky I was born to hold a handle bar!


4.What was your first bike?
A.My first 2 wheeler was a Kinetic Honda and my 1st Super Bike was a CBR 400 RR in the year 2000

5.Was it your choice or just what you could afford?
A.If it were my choice, Id be on a far more exotic machine. I did try in vain to convince my dad to buy me the exotic but dad’s are dads. Hence with pride I’ll have to say that the 400 was all I could afford.

6.What bike(s) do you ride now?
A.Yamaha R1 2010 , Ben Spies (Sterilgarda) Race Replica

7.Was it love at first sight or a product of long term research?
A.I’ve been closely associated with the biking Industry and that makes me a very discerning buyer. I’ve been through 7 Honda’s and 3 Suzuki’s in the last ten years. However I’ve never had the popular Yamaha R1. However it was only after they began using some serious MotoGP tech in their bikes that I got excited. The Cross Plane Crack shaft, which is straight of the M1 meant business. I knew that the time has come to now finally get my hands on one.

8.How many bikes have you gone through till the present one?
A.10 before this one


9.What modifications have you made to your stock bike?
A.Running a superbike store in Mumbai that stocks some amazing brands do come with its benefits. My bike is a customized as they come. Let me list them down.

Ben Spies Replica “Sterilgarda” Paint Job
Carrozzeria Forged Wheels
Galfer Brake Lines / Rotors & Pads
Vortex Rear Sets
Hotbodies Windscreen
Comp. Werkes Tail Tidy Kit with LED Indicators
Akrapovic Slip On Exhausts with Titanium Y pipe
Customised Pazzo Levers Shortys
OEM Seat Cowl
Dynojet PC 5 with Quick Shifter
Powerbronze Rear Hugger


10.Have these modifications helped/improved ride and handling of your bike?
A.I’d go mad if these mods did not live up to the investment I’ve made. It surely has made it into perhaps the quickest and lightest R1 in the country. I doubt if any other even comes close. However Its not wise to just increase bhp while leaving the brakes as stock. With the mods put in the bike not only hits 100 in no time it comes back to 0 in a very disciplined manner.



11.How long have you had the bike for and how many kilometers have you clocked.
A.This was the 1st 2010 R1 Yamaha India delivered to a customer in India ( The guys at Yamaha had taste :) ) and I got it in Jan 2010 and so far have done 4500 km on it.


12.How often do you ride – daily, fortnightly, monthly or just occasionally?
A.I ride the R1 once a week just to meet friends and hang out or a weekend ride out of town , otherwise most of my riding is reserved for the racetrack which we frequent once a month during season time from Dec to June.

13.What do you like most about your bike
A.With the Akrapovics on its very hard to ignore the sound and there is something about the 2010 R1’s look, It begins to grow on you you slowly and in the end you just fall in love with the way it looks. Also the fact that the bike is customized by me , makes it all me.



14.What don’t you like about your bike?
A.Oh well despite all the accessories thrown in to reduce the weight, she still is on the heavier side in comparison to the other litres around. That could be a little bit of a bother.

15.What has been your most memorable ride till date?
A.Undoubtedly California Superbike School in Jan 2011. It’s a must for everyone who would like to know what real riding is all about. We might assume that we know all that is to know about riding but a few days at the track under arguably the great superbike instructor will only prove how little we actually know.




16.What’s the maximum three digit figure you’ve seen on your speedo?
286 kmph

17.Who maintains your bike – cleaning, servicing, etc?
A.I get most of the work done in a friends garage. It’s a great time to socialize also :)

18.Have you faced any problems with your bike(s)?
A.None so far. Japs build their bikes very well

19.What fuel/oil do you use and why?
A.Fuel 97 Octane / Oil Motul Full Synthetic
20.Tell us about your riding gear (helmet, gloves and suits/jackets/pants and other protective gear)?

A. Its fairly exhaustive.. let me try listing them down
Helmet – HJC RPS 10 Ben Spies Ltd Edition and ARAI RX 7 2010 TT Limited Edition
Gloves – Joe Rocket Speedmaster 8:0
Suit – Joe Rocket Speedmaster 6:0 Suit
Jacket – Joe Rocket Radar Jacket
Pants – Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2:0 Pants
Boots – Sidi Vortice for the track and out of town and Sidi Streetburners for casual town rides

21.Is your riding gear effective?
A.Possibly the best that money can buy , all tried and tested by the best internationally

22.Are you looking at changing your bike any time soon?
A.Maybe


23.If yes, what bike would you consider and why?
A.Aprilia RSV 4 Factory because its small and fast and looks mean.

24.What’s does your ideal weekend look like?
A. ride out of town early in the morning and then time with the family

25.What tips do you have for aspiring riders looking to pick up a super sports bike?
A.Learn to Jump before you try to fly , start small and graduate upwards because sometimes our ego,s and adrenalin get the better of us and ALWAYS WEAR PROPER SAFETY GEAR WHEN YOU RIDE

2 comments:

  1. @Vijay
    Very Awesome and Clean Experience by you. I Hope you don't mind as i have took out few points from your experience and Now i will share it in my FB profile to Educate others as well and me specially. I was always in a look for owner's experience and today with a help of your blog and Fb page. I have got 1. You people seems to have no complaints and have very clean reviews i respect you Gods guys. I am also from Delhi near to Rajouri Garden sometime give me a ride. I will sit behind you give me an experience buddy if you like

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is having a wonderful talk. The technology are discussed and provide a great knowledge toall. This helps to learn more details about technology. All this details are important for this technology
    Back to original

    ReplyDelete