Search This Blog

Monday 25 April 2011

6. Bankim's Suzuki M1800 Intruder 2010



Name: Bankim Jain
Profession:Self employed
Motorcycle Club: G.O.D.S



What the manual says about his bike:
Engine and transmission
Displacement: 1783.00 ccm (108.80 cubic inches)
Engine type: Twin, four-stroke
Compression: 10.5:1
Bore x stroke: 112.0 x 90.5 mm (4.4 x 3.6 inches)
Power:127 Bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque:160 Nm @ 3200 rpm
Valves per cylinder: 4
Fuel control: DOHC
Ignition: Electronic
Lubrication system: Semi-dry sump
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 5-speed
Transmission type,
final drive: shaft
Rake (fork angle): 32.0°
Front suspension: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Rear suspension: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload 7-way adjustable
Front brakes: Double disc
Front brakes diameter: 310 mm (12.2 inches)
Rear brakes: Single disc
Rear brakes diameter: 275 mm (10.8 inches)
Dry weight: 180.0 kg (396.8 pounds)
Seat height: 700 mm (27.6 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Alternate seat height: 805 mm (31.7 inches) If adjustable, highest setting.
Overall height: 1,180 mm (46.5 inches)
Overall length: 2,485 mm (97.8 inches)
Overall width: 940 mm (37.0 inches)
Ground clearance: 135 mm (5.3 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,715 mm (67.5 inches)
Fuel capacity: 19.00 litres (5.02 gallons)


What Bankim says about his bike..


1.What do you call your bike and why?
A.Well, initially I had named it “The Mighty Intruder” because of the name that company gave it “Suzuki Intruder” later on when I stickered it with Batman’s logo my riding brothers from GODS named it “The BankMobile” Bank from my name Bankim & Mobile from BatMobile



2.Is she your first bike? If not what did you own before this?
A.Intruder is my third bike & second Superbike. I had Suzuki Shogun in 90’s then I took Yamaha MT01 in 2008 & in 2010 I bought Suzuki Intruder.

3.Was it love at first sight or a product of long term research?
A.It was indeed a product of my “Love at First Sight” when I read about Suzuki launcing two superbikes Hayabusa & Intruder in December 2008. It was just one month after I had purchased my yamaha MT01. I had give my self some time to accommodate the first superbike MT01 in my family before introducing them to the second one.

4.Explain what went through your mind during the months before you managed to lay your hands on it?
A.None in my family knew much on my intentions for getting yet another SuperMachine under me. So I was bit nervous for their reactions when ever they would learn about it. As the bike was well stocked in Suzuki’s Gurgaon warehouse, I just had to wait for three days for initial bank formalities to get over & then to Crown my self on it. Yes the wait was well settled by loads surfing of video/writeup on Suzuki Intruder on the internet !



5.First impression when you saw her all gleaming and polished.
A.Oh My God its really BIG … “Size Does Matter”

6.How long have you had the bike for and how many kilometers have you clocked.
A.Its around One year & i have done approx 9,000 kilometers

7.What the best attribute of the bike
A.The curves at the right places ;o)

8.What’s irritates you most about the bike?
A.The unwanted glares & attention it gets from the passersby because of its sheer size, design, the roar & rumble when I am riding it around places.

9.What part of the bike would you change and why?
A.Undoubtedly as most of Superbikers - The Exhaust after the warranty period is over


10.What does your riding gear comprise of and which brand suits you the most?
A.Alpinestars for riding gear namely Summer & Winter riding protection jacket, Gloves, Shoes. Helmets from AGV & M2R. I do look forward to buy an Arai or a Shoei



11.If you’d cheat on your bike, with which would it be?
A.Nothing can beat it yet in styling & performance but yes given a chance I might like Triumph Rocket III

12.Is she girlfriend material or long term wife material?
A.Well, I found my best half about a decade ago & am happily married to her now but yes am open to the long list of girlfriends from Suzuki, Yamaha, Harley, Victory etc.

13.Do you believe in cosmetic customization, If yes then what have you done on it?
A.Yes but without compromising any safety on bike & just to add comfort. I had installed Windshield, Saddle Bags, Rider’s back support etc.


14.What according to you is the best mod to extract a little more bhp? What accessories did you spend your money on?
A.As I said earlier nothing much before or within the warranty period. Post that I plan for K&N filters, Exhausts & other performance relevant accessories

15.Is she high on maintenance? Have you run into any electrical/mechanical issues?
A.These machines arent your daily running bikes. The are my passion & passion has no price ticket to it. What ever it take to maintain the machine is part & parcel of maintaining my supreme riding pleasure. Touchwood !


16.What do you feed her? (what oil what petrol?) -
A.She likes to guzzle Octane97 Petrol

17.Tell me about the day she made you feel like a superstar!
A.When i rode it to my hometown Jaipur & got a very warm & hero’s welcome from other riding groups across the town

18.What does your wife/girl friend think about her?
A.She like the bike as such but always desire me to ride it safely



19.Do you service it on your own? Or trust the mechanic at the service center?
A.Suzuki Autorised Service centres does the necessary job for services & maintenance as per schedule or requirement

20.What’s the maximum three digit figure you’ve seen on the Speedo?
A.180KmPh once otherwise the sweet spot is around 120KmPh … its a cruiser bike so I’d like to ride & feel the wind safely. As said "What ever it is, Its better in the wind" so ride it to enjoy it & be back home safely !

1 comment:

  1. Hey if i am not wrong Bankim are you the famous lifestyle photographer ... Awesome bike & pictures !

    ReplyDelete